The first official release of 2019 is now available, version 19.0. Both Axiom and the Canary Historian have seen some new feature additions as well as a few bug fixes:
- Made improvements to realtime trending performance.
- Panel control to choose active asset of the panel.
- Replaced Axiom Desktop with a Desktop app running the Axiom Browser code.
- SVG symbol files were moved to a well known location relative to the core. Old XAML symbols
are no longer used.
- IE is not a supported browser of the Axiom browser client. Accessing Axiom from this browser
will provide the desktop download app.
- A spark chart will allow one scale to be configured and auto scale the one that is not
- Added ability to show a scale on the spark chart with the high and low of the scale.
- Added a scheduled reporting option to save image of Axiom application at specific time.
- Reserving licenses for a Multi-tenant security group will limit multi-tenant users of that
group to the number of reserved licenses.
- Fixed duplicate session creation in Axiom audit from the web interface.
- Provided a new function Fallback(,) for trend calculation to allow a user to provide a value
when an input trend's pixel doesn't have a value - likely due to a no data condition. The button
name is "Flbk".
- Fixed parsing of tags with "\" escape character in front of embedded ".". Legend would show
some tags with escape character and some with attribute only.
- Added a CanaryBasePath registry entry to move meta data (charts, applications, sender buffer) to a user defined location.
- Added Browser only "Full screen" button and "Esc" or F11 to toggle Full Screen mode.
- Fix to allow Administrators to add folders under Read Only directory.
- Added icon in menu bar to Add Trends without opening Edit dialog.
- Added Display property to linear gauge to be "Standard", "Fill", or "Cutaway". The "Fill"
display will have a scale next to the "Cutaway".
- Better Scale bounds for discrete tags (0-1).
- Axiom will rename any reserved names used for screens or controls without throwing an error.
- Reworked scale sizing especially when scales were staggered.
- Added better prompts to save scripting changes.
- Removed aggregates "Start", "End" and "Delta" which are replaced with "Startbound", "Endbound" and "Deltabounds".
- Change scales to only show significant digits to give more trending area.
- Setting the "Aggregate Interval" to 00:00:00 in the export will output the raw data (only
when a value or quality changed).
- Added the "Live Scroll Percent from Live Edge" to Axiom. This was an option in Trend Link.
- Added option to stay logged in until cookies are cleared from the machine.
- Added scale dragging, resizing and hi/low scale edits.
- Added "Auto Band Padding" to allow for padding adjustments between bands on a Trend Graph
- Added mechanism for models to be rebuilt if something changes in the DataSet (adding tags).
- Fix to allow the Views service to fully load the browse tree for large models. Accessing the
Views while it was loading could cause slow down of the system.
- Added ability for the Historian to send annotations to a redundant historian.
- Added logic in CygNet collector/sender/receiver to externally store tag properties in a
SQLite database and make the views service aware.
- Added ability to execute Ad Hoc Event queries and find events functionality to the Web API.
- Annotation audit was changed to use Axiom user credentials in place of windows credentials.
- Fix bug to allow OPC Collector to reconnect to UA server when the UA server no longer has the
- Powershell script examples to call web api for process data & raw data and export to csv file.
- The Excel Add-In was changed to release the license/connection after every Add-In call.
- Enhancement to Historian Trend Vectors to prevent file corruption when being split.
- Fixed a case in the Historian when viewing an annotation over 512 bytes using the Admin.
- Added MQTT Sparkplug B Collector.
- Users can specify a full endpoint of an OPC UA server in place of host name, port.
- Reworked the CygNet collector to rebuild the tag list in the background and then swap it in
after a resync.
- Added several new options to csv import.